Sunday, December 17, 2006

2006's "Missing Month" and the psycholinguistics of blogging

As I've been reviewing my blog archives, I've noticed that November is conspicuously absent. Although service to various blogging clients had actually returned to mainland China by mid-November (after being 'inaccessible for about a month), I think I'd lost my blogmentum (no, that's not a word - it's just my attempt to create another stupid blend, because there aren't enough of these around in celebrity news articles).

Is it worth a longitudinal psycholinguistics study? I'm not entirely sure that it's really a topic that too many people would be interested in at the moment, although if you think about it, checking into individuals' blogging patterns (ie. how they 'jump in and out' of the habit of blogging) would potentially give advertisers some valuable information about a lot of their prime, moneyed targets.

Fortunately for anyone reading this, my MacBook's battery is almost dead, so here's the rapid conclusion: the end.

No comments: