Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A SCANNER, LIGHTLY

Braved the Shanghai heat and the throng of the crowd today to go down to the Xiu Jia Hui computer mall to pick up a scanner today.

I picked up a Canon LiDE 500F, which has a few more film/negative scanning features than I need in the forseeable future, but it has the image & OCR scanning that I was looking for, plus a small footprint on my desktop when it's mounted in its vertical stand.

All of the features on the scanner are working fine with MacOS10.4, although the Canon software + 3rd party PhotoStudio that it comes bundled with are a little bit on the clunky side visually.  Functionality, however is there, so I have another input mechanism for my system.

...now if only I could get that DigiDesign M-Box back up an running!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did get that M-Box up and running again, thanks to Frank... he helped me get a new copy of ProTools :-)